- Solid famous baseball player sighting. Former @redsox 3B Mike Lowell at Newark Airport. 2013-05-08
- At Syracuse, a Coach Waits and Watches for Boeheim to take off. I’m surprised Jimmy B is going with SU to the ACC http://t.co/she4XZ2DU5 2013-05-07
- Amazing post of some fantastic life hacks. 99 Life Hacks to make your life easier! – Imeimei – http://t.co/jFVyq6rdCo 2013-05-06
- World’s Largest #Bath Tub – http://t.co/gRTzSxFjRv #Bathing #Harbor #HongKong #RubberDuck via http://t.co/vUsSrozmjg 2013-05-06
- Broken #Glass – http://t.co/X6hQ8eeBtV #Comedy #Funny #Google via http://t.co/vUsSrozmjg 2013-05-05
- Some flat Apple products for your next mockups http://t.co/LUy3iEXTpm 2013-05-05
- Now this is a really useful feature @google https://t.co/V3hRTdnpPA 2013-05-03
Saturday Night Live had some great fun at the expense of Google Glass.
The Korean “star” Psy showed up at Dodger Stadium last night and took the place over for a few minutes. Check out former Dodger manager Tommy Lasorda’s reaction and facial expressions as Psy starts doing his thing on the concourse. Only in LA.
After a whopping 51 years in England’s lower football (soccer) division, Cardiff City has finally been promoted to England’s Premier League. Cardiff was a team that had deep financial issues not too long ago.
It is a remarkable accomplishment because the club was nearly bankrupt more than a year ago. In three of the last four seasons, Cardiff got tantalizingly close to promotion from the League Championship, only to fall short in the promotion playoffs. Those failures were called “doing the Cardiff.” With Tuesday’s result, a point from a scoreless draw with Charlton Athletic, the club can bury the phrase and look forward to resuming the fierce Welsh derby with Swansea, which was promoted two years ago.
They are kind of like the Red Sox of the EPL.
- Louisville Saved Their Asses – http://t.co/W7R3lNf6km #Espn #Experts #FinalFour #Predictions via http://t.co/vUsSrozmjg 2013-04-11
- SU G MCW – if I go to pre-draft camp and kill it, can work way to #1 pick. Showing up vs UM in Final 4 woulda helped http://t.co/SbjVA4wLAs 2013-04-11
- Not concerned. SU will be fine. –> Syracuse guard MCW declares for the NBA Draft. http://t.co/yhTlZODhyY 2013-04-10
- I use @hover to register my domains and I think you should too! Try them out: https://t.co/uWhdXpFqb8 #hoverlove 2013-04-10
- Great video of @anildash ‘s speech at Harvard as a follow on to his article How We Lost the Web http://t.co/g8j3iWF06N 2013-04-08
- Merry Christmas, bitch 2013-04-06
- RT @MBorkowski: I’m going to find other programming during halftime or I may hurl. 2013-04-06
- Whatever happens tonight, I’m s till proud if the Orange 2013-04-06
- Orange in the house. Lets go Orange!! #finalfour 2013-04-06
- RT @MatthewBerryTMR: LET’S GO OR-ANGE! LET’S GO OR-ANGE! #CUSE 2013-04-06
- RT @kristalberg: The uniform differences between a Nike school & an adidas school. THAT’S the Shocker in this game. WIchita State fo … 2013-04-06
- RT @parislemon: Refs absolutely just gave the game to Louisville. 2013-04-06
- RT @rjsauter44: Whoa 3rd foul on Russ Smith. HUGE for Wichita State. 2013-04-06
- Shock the world. #shockers #wsu 2013-04-06
- Lets go Shockers!! 2013-04-06
- This Week’s Tweets – http://t.co/9LrKJw9twI #Social #Twitter #WeeklyTweets via http://t.co/vUsSrozmjg 2013-04-05
- - http://t.co/rPQivOYAZ0 #CurseSiCoverJinx #FinalFour #Gonzaga #Louisville #Michigan #SiCoverCurse #Sportsillustrated #Syracuse … 2013-04-05
I love how all these talking heads at ESPN or wherever fashion themselves as experts and pundits on who’s going to cut down the nets every year at the NCAA tournament. Let’s take a look at this graphic from ESPN that detailed all the picks from 13 of their “experts” who cover College Basketball regularly. And we’re talking big name College Hoops names – Dick Vitale, Digger Phelps, Jay Bilas, and on and on.
A total of 13 “experts” each selected their picks for the Final Four – so that’s 52 total slots (13 x 4) across all of them. Eleven of the 13 picked Louisville to make the Final Four, which really didn’t take much hoops knowledge to pick. However, if we removed that pretty obvious Louisville region/pick from the equation, a grand total of one Final Four slot across the remaining 39 was accurately predicted by these ‘experts’ – Dickie V picking Michigan. That’s a 2.5% accuracy rate for those of your scoring at home (or for those of you who are alone).
Yeah, yeah…it’s parody in college basketball. The talent is distributed to all the different teams out there. I know, I know…that’s the cover. But really, these guys are supposed to be experts and cover this sport daily so I would expect them to have a better take on who is really going to go deep into the Tournament and make the Final Four. But the reality is that I could have showed up in Bristol and sat in front of a camera and predicted the Final Four just as well as they could.
Wait, I did…I had Syracuse AND Louisville in my Final Four bracket.